Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by The Friendly Turtle Company LTD, which operates under the trading name Friendly Turtle. Terms such as “we”, “us” and “our” refer to The Friendly Turtle Company LTD & Friendly Turtle where they are used in these terms and conditions.
2. By purchasing something from our ecommerce store, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this document.
4. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
5. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
6. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
7. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
8. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
9. Our payments are handled by one of two online payment gateways- Paypal or Square. You can use your preferred payment option at checkout.
10. Upon confirmation of a new order, we receive a notification of payment. Sometimes there may be a delay in payment, and an order can be placed ‘on hold’ until confirmation of funds received from our payment handler. We will update you when we can should this be the case.
11. The price you see on our website is inclusive of any taxes and VAT. If you are purchasing from outside of the UK, any additional taxes applied to your package upon entering your country will be at your own expense.
12. On completing your purchase you will be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times). Please see our Delivery & Packaging page for more details.
13. Where you select the “Next Day Delivery” option, orders placed on Friday after 2pm, Saturdays or Sundays may not be dispatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday.
14. In the rare event that your order arrives with damaged contents, to process a refund or replacement, please ensure you send us a photo of the damage to stock when you contact us.
15. International orders, including European orders as of 1st January 2021, may be subject to duties and taxes to be paid in your home country prior to delivery. These additional costs are the responsibility of you, the customer, and if you later decide you do not want to pay these taxes and the goods are returned to us, then we will not be able to refund these shipping costs back to you.
16. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
17. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request our refund policy will apply.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
18.The Friendly Turtle Company LTD shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
19. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
21. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you andThe Friendly Turtle Company LTD whether written or oral.
22.The Friendly Turtle Company LTD reserves the right to amend or change these Terms & Conditions at any time and without prior notice.
23. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
24. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure.
25. If you have any complaints or wish to discuss any matter in respect of the goods please contact us. All purchases made at Friendly Turtle come under UK jurisdiction unless mutually agreed otherwise by both parties.
MONTHLY GIVEAWAY (EMAIL SIGN-UP)
26. One winner will be selected at random from all email sign-ups from the month, and a winner will be announced no later than 2 weeks later.
27. The winner will be notified by email with a £20 coupon code that is valid for 6 months from the date of notification.