Natural Shampoo Bar – Lavender & Tea Tree
- Weight – 95g
- 100% plastic free
- Hand luggage safe
Castor oil has been used for centuries as a natural hair conditioner and scalp treatment. We combine this with coconut oil and olive oil to produce a rich, moisturising lavender tea tree natural shampoo bar.
The essential oils of lavender and tea tree are favoured for their antibacterial qualities and promoting healthy hair growth.
A long-lasting and compact alternative to plastic bottled liquid shampoos that will tame the most disobedient locks and promote healthy happy hair growth, and last as long as three bottles of liquid shampoo!
Each lavender tea tree shampoo bar is handmade with Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils, water. And nothing else.
All their soaps are Free from Palm Oil, Parabens, Sulphates, Triclosan, Phthalates and Cruelty, as well as being boxed in plastic-free recycled (and recyclable) packaging. Friendly Soap is also registered with The Vegan Society, Cruelty-Free International and have a Best rating with Ethical Consumer.
Sodium cocoate, Sodium olivate, Aqua, Sodium castorate, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) essential oil contains linalool, limonene, geraniol, Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) essential oil contains limonene.
Tips For Shampoo Soap
The transition to natural shampoo, issues and tips
“The Transitional Purge”
There is a transition when you switch from the standard chemical shampoos to a natural shampoo bar, commonly called ‘the purge’. When you first begin, your hair or scalp may become oily or dry or a bit of back and forth between the two. Your hair may feel frizzy or waxy like there is a residue still left over in your hair. Don’t panic, this is just your hair adjusting, your scalp needs time to rebalance oil production. It usually lasts about a week (depending on how damaged your hair is) and it will go away. Stick with it, once your hair has adjusted it will feel softer, cleaner and more manageable. This is because shampoo bars CLEAN and CONDITION your hair and scalp without stripping it of its natural sebum. If you have dandruff problems, you may find this clears up because your scalp is not getting dried out and your body is no longer reacting to the chemicals.
Tips for an easy transition:
- Use an apple cider vinegar rinse rather than conditioner, this will help to restore the pH balance of your scalp and remove old chemicals. (recipe below). It will also protect the hair shaft and give your hair shine.
- Gently brush your hair often, twice a day is good. Brush from scalp to tips to help redistribute your hairs natural oil.
- Give your hair a few days in between washings to allow it to adjust
- Rinse thoroughly after washing to remove all of the shampoo.
- Try using a bit of dry shampoo or corn starch if your hair is feeling oily, rub a small amount into scalp then brush through
- Try using a little argon oil through your hair to help calm frizz and tangles.
- If you have a lot of product build up, try the baking soda rinse below before washing your hair with the shampoo bar.
Apple cider vinegar spritz
- 1 part apple cider vinegar (use the type with the mother)
- 4 parts water
- A few drops of your preferred essential oil.
The vinegar smell does not remain once your hair dries
Baking Soda Clarifying Rinse Recipe
Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is an easy clarifier to use. Baking soda can help to lifts grease and product residue from your hair.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 – 2 cups warm water
Combine the ingredients in a spray bottle or cup. Wet hair and spray the rinse on your hair and work it through. Rinse thoroughly with warm water, then shampoo.
Washing your hair
Run the natural shampoo bar over your head in one direction (front to back), as to avoid causing unnecessary knots. Once you have a good amount of shampoo on top of your head, massage it into your scalp with your fingers. Rinse with water until ALL the shampoo is out… Done!
FRIENDLY MANUFACTURING | FABULOUS SOAPS
- Producing soaps which contain zero animal by-products, and never tested on animals.
- The use of an ancient cold-press method of soap-making, which creates a biodegradable soap with zero waste. Literally, everything from the process gets turned into lovely Friendly Soap.
- Hand-make all products to reduce the amount of power they use, and therefore minimising their impact on the environment.
- Only use 100% recycled and recyclable packaging for their Friendly Soap.
- Only use 100% natural ingredients – never any synthetics such as parabens, SLS, preservatives or foaming agents.
- Always an ethical and responsible approach to sourcing ingredients, such as the use of worker cooperatives in foreign countries.
We don’t believe in charging for returns. On the rare occasion you are not entirely satisfied with your product, then we operate a 14-Day Money Back Guarantee, without any of the quibbles. You can find out more on this in our Returns & Refunds Policy