Charcoal Water Filter With Stainless Steel Coil
- Stainless steel coil securely holds the charcoal filter inside your reusable bottle without scratching and prevents any rattling
- Binchotan Charcoal: The Japanese have been doing it for centuries – using a stick of charcoal to purify drinking water
- Simple to use: the charcoal stick water filter comes ultra-sonic cleaned and ready to use, all you need to do is fill your bottle with drinking tap water and enjoy great tasting water
- Long-lasting: The sticks have a total lifespan of 6 months each, as its effectiveness decreases all you must do is boil it for 10 minutes to rejuvenate
- Use in any bottle: The charcoal water filter sticks are suitable for a bottle, carafe or jug
- Healthy hydration: The activated charcoal water filter attracts the ions of contaminants to the surface of the carbon, and at the same time releases minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium back into the water
- Great for those who want to eliminate plastic water bottles and still have great tasting, filtered water
*Suitable with all water bottles sold from our site (wide spouts)
What is it made from?
The binchotan active charcoal is made from 100 percent natural hardwood oak.
How does it work?
Step 1: fill your carafe or bottle with potable tap water and place your ready to use charcoal stick inside. Step 2: leave the activated charcoal for at least one hour to remove impurities.
How long does it last?
The water filter lasts for 6 months. We recommend that after 3 months you recharge the stick by boiling it for ten minutes. This will extend the lifespan by another 3 months.
Can it be recycled?
Yes after its life as a water filter is finished, you can recycle it for many secondary uses (e. g. burn it on the BBQ, crush it up and put it in your soil to act as a fertiliser or even put it in your shoes to deodorise them!)
Specifications and precautions
It is ultrasonic cleaned and ready to use immediately (without needing to boil it) and that is why it comes in a vacuum pack. If you swallow particles of the charcoal, it will do you no harm. Doctors prescribe it to treat diarrhoea, indigestion and flatulence. Minimum spout opening: 3cm
With a passion to create beautiful, original designs underpinned with functionality, this design-led brand is striving to produce ranges of products with varying aesthetics, with their own eclectic tastes on full display. With a passion for design, Black & Blum are based within the OXO Tower in london, sprawled over two floors of creative space.
And their efforts have not gone unnoticed, racking up over 25 international design awards, with many of their designs in permanent collections in internationally renowned design museums.
…But then again, their products are absolutely stunning…
We don’t believe in charging for returns. On the rare occasion you are not entirely satisfied with your product, then we operate a 14-Day Money Back Guarantee, without any of the quibbles. You can find out more on this in our Returns & Refunds Policy