Organic Baby Balm From Green People
- Updated packaging with the same great formula
- A non-aqueous cream for delicate, sensitive skin
- Soothes sore, dry and irritated skin, for both mum and baby
- Gentle and fragrance-free – use whenever and as often as required
- Ideal for perineal massage, recommended before birth
- Suitable for sensitive skin prone to eczema, psoriasis & dermatitis
- 91% certified organic ingredients
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- fully recyclable at the end of its life
- Fairly traded and sustainably sourced ingredients
- Size: 100ml
How To use
For dry skin: apply sparingly to baby’s skin and gently rub in. Re-apply as often as necessary. For Mum, from 34 weeks regularly massage your perineum to help it become more flexible, ready for childbirth.
Perineal Massage: According to the NHS the best time to massage is after a bath as blood vessels in the area are dilated, making the perineum softer and more comfortable to touch. To massage place one or both thumbs on and just within the back wall of the vagina, resting one or both forefingers on the buttocks. You may prefer to use only one hand. Gently massage by moving the thumb(s) and forefinger(s) together in an upwards and outwards rhythmic ‘U’ or ‘sling’ type movement. Massage for around 5 minutes, repeat daily or every other day for maximum benefit.
Best kept in a warm room for general use, as Beeswax content may crystallise when exposed to extreme cold. If crystallisation occurs (showing as small granules), place in a warm place for 24 hours and it will return to normal.
HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, ELAEIS GUINEENSIS (PALM) OIL*^, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX)*, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL*, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, CANNABIS SATIVA (HEMP) SEED OIL*, CETEARYL OLIVATE (FROM OLIVE OIL), SORBITAN OLIVATE (FROM OLIVE OIL), CALENDULA OFFICINALIS (MARIGOLD) FLOWER EXTRACT*, TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E).
*ORGANIC ^FAIRLY TRADED
Ingredients that will never be in your product
Parabens, alcohol (ethyl alcohol, ethanol), harsh foaming agents, SLS/SLES, gluten, petrochemicals, mineral oils, silicones, lanolin, phthalates, triclosan, propylene glycol, irritating emulsifiers, synthetic fragrance, ethoxylated ingredients, formaldehyde and formaldehyde-donors, methylisothiazolinone (MI), EDTA, PABA-sunscreen, octyl methoxycinnamate, camphor-derived UV filters, colourants, urea, DEA, TEA or PEGs.
Suitable for those who may be prone to eczema and psoriasis.
Green People are a well-established natural beauty brand with plenty of industry awards to back their products up. They believe in providing their customers with a diverse choice of certified organic products. Along with this, they want to minimise their impact on the environment while going about their business.
And they do this through a dizzying number of commitments. We’ll leave these here for you to decide how eco and ethical conscious Green People really are;
- They Set The Standards – by being on the soil association health and beauty products committee, they played a crucial role in setting the first organic and natural cosmetic standards.
- Cruelty-Free Ethos – They never test their products on animals.
- Tried And Tested – all packaging is checked, assessed and approved by the organic certification bodies that they are licensed by.
- 100% Recycling – All their packaging is 100% recyclable.
- Stance Against Microplastics – Never used microbeads in their products, and help to bring about a ban in the UK with Greenpeace.
- Approved By Animals – Ingredient transparency. Approved by PETA, Vegan Society and Vegetarian Society.
- They’re Off-Grid – They power their business with Ecotricity, a 100% renewable energy provider.
- They Weather The Storm – Their main manufacturing site is powered by wind electricity and heat sourced from the earth.
- Help protect The Planet – They protect their products ready for delivery with biodegradable packing chips made from non-GMO corn starch.
- They Go By The Book – Ranked ‘Ethical’ by Good Shopping Guide for 14 years in a row.
- They’re Heat Efficient – To minimise energy wastage, they use infra-red heating in their warehouse to heat objects and not the empty space around it.
- They Partner With Environmental Charities – Donated over £70,000 for charitable causes and to keep our oceans and coastlines clean.
- They Practice What They Preach – The whole team makes an effort to reduce their carbon footprint, whether that be cycling to work, car sharing or simply turning of lights when they leave a room!
We don’t believe in charging for returns. On the rare occasion you are not entirely satisfied with your product, then we operate a 14-Day Money Back Guarantee, without any of the quibbles. You can find out more on this in our Returns & Refunds Policy